Thursday, November 5, 2015

National Novel Writers Month and Me


Yep. It's official. I am participating in NaNoWriMo.

However, it's not a conventional participation. This year I decided to work on my own terms, see what I come up with.

I'm in the middle of a nonfiction piece at the moment and it's begging to be finished by the first of the year. Which of course means the second DRAFT wants to be finished by the first of the year and will be edited throughout the rest of said year!

I don't mind being on the rim of NaNo. I find it much more comfortable there than in the thick of things. Long ago, I abandoned that frantic search for Best Seller-dom. Sure, I'd LOVE one of my novels to make that lovely list. Who wouldn't? But right now, I'm focusing on enjoying the process, on dipping my toes back into the murky, mysterious waters of writing and seeking knowledge from those who have gone before. I suppose you could say, in returning to my roots, I've found a lot I don't know and a lot I want to explore.

Here's to all you WriMos out there! Best of luck to you in writing and constructing new worlds. Hmm, I wonder if we should abandon "good luck" in favor of something more theatrical. Like "break a pencil!"

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment